Greetings to all from festive Athens!
It’s already December and I’m feeling the pressure of the pending celebrations, as the frenzy of consumerism escalates and many are anticipating (or dreading) the overindulging that comes with the winter festivities, regardless of race or creed!
Long gone is the summer tan and the feeling of being able to do with practically nothing… With the onset of cold weather and the winter lifestyle, my eating routine has taken on a new dimension and, as my stomach grows, so does my hunger!! ☺
I’m no nutritionist (though I can recommend some great ones!) but I am good at self-inquiry and I am fully aware that my body is asking for something MORE and that is why it seems that I can’t eat enough to fill that bottomless pit, my stomach! ☺
We all know what physical and mental abuse of the self feels like. Whether it is overindulging in food or other substances – or the opposite; having a neurotic addiction to diet and working out etc. In all cases in which I feel LESS, I am allowing the negative mind chatter about what I don’t like about myself to intensify and take over, while I stay stuck in an everyday routine which keeps me from being my favorite self, HAPPY and IN LOVE WITH LIFE!
When I am in Love with Life, my body feels fantastic!
Ok, so how do I deal with this turn of feeling? How do I bring balance back into my life? Because the bottom line isn’t just the change of environment, or the turn of events – but rather the way I FEEL about myself and my body at the moment and how much I am willing to do about it!
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU’RE DOWN IN THE DUMPS ABOUT YOUR BODY
Changing your mind to change your body – BREATHE into these Affirmations of Love and Appreciation for your body
- My body is a miracle in action. It actually RESPONDS to me! So my body AT PRESENT is the result of the way I have treated it in the past. My body will happily change very quickly when I start treating it in a loving way, instead of in an abusive way.
- My body is performing millions of functions every second that I am unaware of. My body HAS ITS OWN INTELLIGENCE. How beautiful is that?
- Whether I am fat or thin, sick or healthy, fit or unfit, my body is regenerating itself, keeping me alive as long as I allow it to.
- My body is not separate to me. It is a part of the whole that I am comprised of. My body is my material cloak or shell that houses my mind and spirit. I am ever grateful to my beautiful body.
- For these reasons among many others I really love my body and all of its functions.
- I know that my body and my senses love pleasure. When I allow myself to enjoy earthly pleasures without guilt, my body appreciates it.
- I use my body in the way that I love and which brings it more Life; whether it is Conscious Breathing, meditating, walking or being in nature, eating healthily, allowing myself to enjoy affection and intimacy, massage, dancing, swimming etc. I look to what I love to get my energy moving again. When my energy starts to shift, so will my body weight.
- I refuse to accept any negative talk or feedback about my body, whether from myself or others! I am fully aware that I am a living miracle and will not allow my mind to destroy my love and appreciation for my body.
- The better I feel about my body, the better my body feels!
- I love and accept myself exactly as I am and forgive myself for anything that I think I have done or I am doing to hurt myself or my body.
- I now make LIFE ENFORCING choices concerning my body and if I fall off the wagon, that’s ok! I can change my thoughts and actions any minute of the day or stay in harmony and awareness of what my body is REALLY asking for.
- When I identify with my GOD – SELF, I automatically transform my body into a field of loving and healing energy.
- I am much more powerful than I can presently fathom or mentally integrate! Even Science now seems to be catching up with Spirituality!
- My body is made up of Infinite Intelligence, Infinite Energy and Infinite Manifestation. WOW! My body ROCKS!! ☺
In Truth, Simplicity and Love!
International Breath Master
Master Breathwork Trainer
Founder Rebirth Breath Therapy
Founder Global Breathing Awareness